[LAD] Canonical sound position opening

Adrian Knoth adi at drcomp.erfurt.thur.de
Thu Feb 11 16:17:52 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 05:03:09PM +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> >  Strong interests and experience with Pulseaudio, Alsa, and
> >  other sound related technology and

> Why not removing Pulseaudio like 64 Studio does?

Ralf, this is clearly not the place to discuss this. Canonical is
searching for a developer, and they can require whatever they want.

It's not you who's going to decide (by x-posting) what's part of a
distro's roadmap and what's not.

Face it, pulseaudio will be the de facto sound system on desktops, and
we're talking desktop here. It integrates very well with the pro
environments, IOW, jack. There's absolutely no reason not to use it for
simple consumer apps (pidgin, skype, flash, video players like vlc or
mplayer).

If you can't get it working yourself, wait for your distro to get it
right. In the meantime, I suggest you don't spread FUD about pulseaudio,
this doesn't help at all.

--
mail: adi at thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP/GPG: key via keyserver