[LAD] Congratulations Ardour Team!!!

Arnout Engelen lad at bzzt.net
Sun Jan 3 12:32:16 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 03, 2010 at 12:27:50PM +0000, Bob Ham wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-12-31 at 15:12 -0500, Ricardus Vincente wrote:
> > I just got the the January 2010 issue of Electronic Musician in the
> > mail today, and Harrison Mixbus (based on Ardour) was named the
> > "Download of the month."
>
> This "product", Mixbus, does indeed seem to be a modified version of
> Ardour.

Yes: if i recall correctly it is basically a modified version of Ardour,
developed in close cooperation with Paul Davis, bundled with harrison's
closed DSP plugins.

> However, I can't seem to find any source code or, for that
> matter any downloads at all on the Harrison website.
>
> I'm concerned that they are violating the GPL.  This might not be the
> case if the Ardour developers have given a separate license to Harrison.
> Is this the case?

I'm not sure if there's a separate license, but the code is in Ardour's CVS
at http://viewcvs.ardour.org/index.cgi/ardour2/ardour2/branches/harrison/

Regards,

Arnout