[LAD] Hydrogen and jackmidi

m.wolkstein at gmx.de m.wolkstein at gmx.de
Sun Jan 17 12:48:54 UTC 2010

Am Sun, 17 Jan 2010 12:21:34 +0100
schrieb Adrian Knoth <adi at drcomp.erfurt.thur.de>:

> On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 12:57:51PM +0100, m.wolkstein at gmx.de wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> > it's also possible to create a h2-lv2 plugin branch.
> > here everybody can remove all the sequencer-stuff and qt bindings and
> > create a nice lv2 gui.
>
> Just a question to get my understanding right: the sequencer is this
> pattern based timeline?
the sequencer is everything which allows you to play note arrangements (patterns) directly in hydrogen.
it includs the pattern editor and the song editor to create the arrangements. and its include the transport and his subsystems like a timeline or tabtempo.

hydrogen without the sequenzer is only a instrument container and the needed sampler to play the sample based instrument sample-sets (multilayer).

>And why wouldn't I want the QT GUI when being an
> LV2 plugin? Both seem valuable to me.
ok, this was only a thought by me, because all lv2-plugin-guis i know, are not based on QT.

> To me, the idea is to open a project in ardour and have the H2 drums
> loaded, too. Total recall. And host synchronization, including
> glitchfree looping.
>

> Cheerio

greetings wolke