[LAD] tschack ... early version of smp enabled jack1

hollunder hollunder at lavabit.com
Mon Jan 25 22:01:53 UTC 2010

Excerpts from torbenh's message of Sun Jan 24 22:05:49 +0100 2010:

> hi...
>
> since i dont want to let jack1 codebase die in a feature freeze,
> i added some features.
>
> - smp aware
> - clickless connections
>
> these changes are too radical to be included in mainline jack1.
> so it gets a new name.
> its approaching beta status now. dunno... maybe someone is motivated to
> test it.
>
> http://hochstrom.endofinternet.org/trac/tschack/wiki

Thanks Torben, clickless connections sound interesting, smp is pointless
on my current system. Nevertheless I'll package it for the Arch Linux
User Repository, as mentioned on IRC today. I won't have a lot of time
to test it in the near future, but it should make it a little bit easier
for others.

I have a few questions tough:
1) Is it a full replacement for jack1? I assume it is, but you never
know..
2) Is there a chance that it will be merged back to jack1 someday?

Thanks,
Best regards,
Philipp