[LAD] tschack ... early version of smp enabled jack1

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Wed Jan 27 20:55:57 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 6:41 PM, torbenh <torbenh at gmx.de> wrote:
> i am not sure, but there a several users which report xruns with jack2,
> where jack1 still works.

Interesting.  At Fervent back in the day we switched from jack to
jackdmp (i.e. jack2) as the default server in our long-defunct Studio
to Go distro some three or four years ago, and at the time our tests
suggested its performance was pretty similar to jack1.  Since jackdmp
of course already had the features you're talking about (SMP
capability and clickless connection), it seemed like an obvious thing
to do.  I used to wonder why anyone still used jack1.

Of course now I use a stock distro with stock packages, and I
generally use jack1 myself because it's what's packaged.  I excuse
myself by arguing that it's wise to test with what other users have
got...

Chris