[LAD] [Jack-Devel] tschack ... early version of smp enabled jack1

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabrbedd at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 12:40:42 UTC 2010

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010, Stéphane Letz wrote:

> Yep, any suggestion to improve the .plot files? like kind
> of conditional generation of PDF?

Here's some ideas on how you might handle it:

I don't know if gnuplot supports conditional structures or
I/O... so that would be one way.  Or possibly spit out all
of: TimingN.plot, TimingN-pdf.plot, TimingN-svg.plot, etc.

Another way would be to output a Python or Perl script to
drive gnuplot (either by generating scripts or through
something like popen2).

What I'm about to do is patch my local jack2 to use SVG...
which would be another option -- just pick a vectored format
that is known to be portable.

My preference:  a single python script that allows me to
plot any of the 5 graphs to the screen or to a file in any
format that my installation of gnuplot supports.

HTH,
Gabriel