[LAD] announcing envy24control, mudita (*) edition.

Tim E. Real termtech at rogers.com
Sun Jul 25 23:10:13 UTC 2010

On July 25, 2010 06:57:42 pm Tim E. Real wrote:
> I propose that the "multi track rate locking" be renamed to just
>  "lock" ( *not* "locked" because believe it or not I actually thought
>  that was an indicator, not a control - there is confusion with the
>  "locked" label underneath the "word clock" button, speaking of which
>  should be moved down slightly or coloured because it reads like
>  "word clock locked" ), and that "multi track rate reset" be renamed to
>  "reset", and that the "Rate State" group box be renamed to
>  "Multi Track Rate State" *or* left alone at just "Rate State" because
>  frankly I find the phrase "Multi Track" a bit confusing esp. in other
> mixers, but you are right, it should match what ALSA calls it.
Er, sorry scratch that. Again, you are right, they should match what
 ALSA calls them. And "... locking" is still better than "locked".

So I say instead some descriptive tooltips would be very handy
 for users, at least on the hardware settings tab, even if there
 is a manual. But what about language translations? Is that
 more or less automatic, or requires intervention?

You'd have a good advantage over other mixers there with real
 descriptions. Tim.