[LAD] announcing envy24control, mudita (*) edition.

Tim E. Real termtech at rogers.com
Thu Jul 29 00:12:39 UTC 2010

On July 27, 2010 09:09:51 pm Tim E. Real wrote:
> So if that's the case, then we could simply try my first idea, just throw
> up a vbox beside the slider with labels (and careful upper/lower item
> expansion). I'm trying this in Glade.
Follow-up: Close but no cigar.
There are oh-so-subtle problems with each label's top and bottom
 stretching. Even with extra 'gtk_alignment' widgets on top and bottom,
 I couldn't seem to perfect it.

So I think the best solution now is let the application custom draw
 the marks in a blank window beside the sliders.

Bonus: We can fit as many markings as we want, and draw them
 any way we want to! It's just all pure graphics drawing now.

I think this is probably what one would have to do with most other
 brands of slider widgets anyway.

The key is to pay attention to the half-way point of the
 thumb track size, which is available, and carefully
 draw the top and bottom marks with that in mind, as well
 as the other marks. Thus allowing for different themes and styles.

I'll try to give it a go.

PS: About making the current markings optional:
If possible if you have time, try to make the option 'live'
 with a button so users can rapidly switch it on and off.
That would be most awesome.
When you need it, click, and there it is.

Tim.