[LAD] announcing envy24control, mudita (*) edition.

Tim E. Real termtech at rogers.com
Thu Jul 29 01:10:32 UTC 2010

On July 28, 2010 08:12:39 pm Tim E. Real wrote:
> So I think the best solution now is let the application custom draw
>  the marks in a blank window beside the sliders.
> The key is to pay attention to the half-way point of the
 > thumb track size,
Although slider thumb track size is known, extra unknown space
 above and below the slider trough may make our custom marker
 positions not precisely accurate.

However, if we're lucky, we may be able to keep page snaps by
 intercepting keyboard page up/dn and forcing the sliders to their
 very own page stops.

I hope there's a way to intercept the KB.
Some toolkits let you give the application or window first crack
 at KB events before passing them on.
Would be a big turnaround in this game.

If finished, would be more or less identical to what Niels originally
 wanted and we have now, but better, no?

Seems more plausible than attempting to intercept mouse
 movement with the current markers and trying to force the
 slider to not snap.

PS: If you look in gtk_range there are some internal
 'slider inertia stops' functions, unfortunately they appear to affect
 all the marks, too.

Tim.