[LAD] Document on using Jack Apps

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Sat Jul 31 22:33:18 UTC 2010

Hi Arvind!
   I'm not really sure about a JACK guide in general. I seem to remember, that
there are. take a look at these sites of collections:
http://linux-sound.org
   and
http://apps.linuxaudio.org
   There you should find some good docs for that.
   As to working with lower samplerates. ALSA can do it, because it has a
built-in resampling mechanism (type plug or plughw). JACK doesn't have that.
It would really be in its interest I thik. but there are some apps, that use
JACK and have built-in resampling themselves. Tools, that use libsamplerate
(libsrc). I know the big player have such things (mplayer and others).
   Besides that, if youneed some questions answered about JACK and other user
stuff, you will find help on the Linux-Audio-Users' mailinglist. there should
be a lot inthe archives and the list is quite active and there are very
helpful and nice people over there too.
   Kindly yours
            Julien

--------