[LAD] meta issue tracker idea

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Tue Jun 8 08:31:56 UTC 2010

On Mon, June 7, 2010 8:09 am, Robin Gareus wrote:
> On 06/07/2010 05:26 AM, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>>

>> But that is
>> really just replicating existing functionality. A more productive
>> approach
>> is to improve on the bugs page now that it exists. For example an "add"
>> /
>> "submit" new feed button/link would be helpful.
>
> There's a 'tiny' link labeled "FAQ & Subscribe" in the bar on the right.

That should be good enough for most people.

> I don't think automating the submit/add system is a good idea; Marc, Ico
> & me are are quite quick filtering SPAM and editing the planetplanet
> config-file.

Agreed.

> We'll need to update the wiki-page though and improve the HTML-template
> for "planet bug". Anyway so far it's just an experiment, not a
> maintained service.

It's looking quite useful already. Another idea is to aggregate the bugs
as they are fixed and maintain a record for the most active projects. I
s'pose most of that data can be extracted directly from the trackers? As
in no need for us to write a database specifically for that info.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd.