[LAD] meta issue tracker idea

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Tue Jun 8 20:35:12 UTC 2010

On 06/08/2010 10:31 AM, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> On Mon, June 7, 2010 8:09 am, Robin Gareus wrote:
>> On 06/07/2010 05:26 AM, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>>>

>>> But that is
>>> really just replicating existing functionality. A more productive
>>> approach
>>> is to improve on the bugs page now that it exists. For example an "add"
>>> /
>>> "submit" new feed button/link would be helpful.
>>
>> There's a 'tiny' link labeled "FAQ & Subscribe" in the bar on the right.
>>

> That should be good enough for most people.
>

>> I don't think automating the submit/add system is a good idea; Marc, Ico
>> & me are are quite quick filtering SPAM and editing the planetplanet
>> config-file.
>>

> Agreed.
>
>> We'll need to update the wiki-page though and improve the HTML-template
>> for "planet bug". Anyway so far it's just an experiment, not a
>> maintained service.
>>

> It's looking quite useful already. Another idea is to aggregate the bugs
> as they are fixed and maintain a record for the most active projects. I
> s'pose most of that data can be extracted directly from the trackers? As
> in no need for us to write a database specifically for that info.

Alas that's not so simple with most systems.
Only trac is good at that - providing a feed or statistics for recently
resolved and closed bugs, that is.

MantisBT requires the administrator to create a filter [1] and I don't
think it's even possible with the sourceforge tracker. SF.net provides
their own statistics but there's no feed for those.
If googlecode-issue-tracker can do it it's a feature well hidden.
I have not checked flyspray, bugzilla and debbugs.

so long,
robin

[1]
http://www.futureware.biz/blog/index.php?title=rss_feeds_in_mantis_1_0_0a3&more=1