[LAD] Qt GUI for LV2 Plugin

Luis Garrido luisgarrido at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jun 15 11:30:18 UTC 2010

> save into a project, but which you have to reopen, etc. We need more plugins

I definitely agree with you, we need more plugins. And more hosts. And
sample libraries. And the ultimate plugin standard with cross-toolkit
guis. And a great many things, like peace in the world, care for the
environment, a deep knowledge of the things we advice strongly about,
etc.

But, coming back to the present (for those of you reading this in the
Wayback Machine, this is 2010, greetings from the past!), a standalone
version of a linux audio module with _Qt GUI and MIDI outs_ will work
tomorrow with any host. No plugin rack that I know of will accept such
a plugin.

But don't lose hope, I assure you that once the plugin uber-standard
is in place and there are hosts that support it (I wouldn't hold my
breath, it is a crapload of work and there are many people involved
that have little spare time for their pet projects and very different
motivations other than yours or my needs) it will be rather
straightforward for any developer to pop up a plugin version of
his/her standalone, as long as the application needs are compatible
with the uberplugin specification.

Peace,