[LAD] Qt GUI for LV2 Plugin

michael noble looplog at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 12:44:51 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 8:30 PM, Luis Garrido <
luisgarrido at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> > save into a project, but which you have to reopen, etc. We need more
> plugins
>

> But, coming back to the present (for those of you reading this in the
> Wayback Machine, this is 2010, greetings from the past!), a standalone
> version of a linux audio module with _Qt GUI and MIDI outs_ will work
> tomorrow with any host. No plugin rack that I know of will accept such
> a plugin.

Will that standalone version be able to have its parameters recorded and
automated from the host, and have its presets saved and recalled with
relative ease of use? If not, then it will not "work" for a significant
number of use cases, and it will therefore be considered "broken".
Automation and session management remain an Achilles heal of
the modularity of linux audio, as Louigi's article rightfully points out.
Maybe that situation works for you, and I may just be a humble user, but
dammit, I really do want Linux Audio to be the best damn audio production
environment it can be.

In other words, it'd be in a lot of peoples' interests if the issue could be
thrashed out a little more before it gets thrown in the "too-hard" basket.

respectfully
michael