[LAD] audio/midi app development

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Jun 17 08:36:32 UTC 2010

Philipp Überbacher wrote:
> At my school we transfered the CAD files per floppy to a DOS box that
> controlled the CNC machine, guess that's for the same reason, bad rt
> capabilities of newer OSes and machines.

PPS:

CNC machines are very expensive. Even if newer OSes and machines should
be able to do valid real-time jobs, a school doesn't have the money to
buy state-of-the-art CNC machines all the times. Brauner microphones was
(maybe still is) using a DATRON CNC, this is a low-cost CNC machine and
it is controlled by pics, just the CAD software is using DOS, but
controlling those pic micro controllers.