[LAD] audio/midi app development

Gordon JC Pearce gordonjcp at gjcp.net
Thu Jun 17 20:25:36 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-06-17 at 00:08 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> Don't believe me, but ask some classic musicians to do some MIDI
> recordings using Linux + external equipment (internal Linux MIDI is ok)
> and then ask them, if they are fine with the result.

Do it with Windows, or Mac OSX for that matter.  PC hardware (and Macs
really are just PCs, now) cannot - for some odd reason - keep time.

The 2MHz 6809 in my ESQ-1 is rock solid - absolutely dead even.  Same
with the 8MHz 68000 in an Atari ST; Cubase 3 is still my favourite
sequencer.  No "slop" at all.  Why can't a 3.4GHz Athlon get even close
to that?

Gordon MM0YEQ