[LAD] automation on Linux (modular approach)

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Mar 18 23:05:17 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 6:42 PM, rosea grammostola
<rosea.grammostola at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> _I think we have a great opportunity here for some developer to make
>>> the world a better place. Simply make *non-daw's* timeline
>>> controllers output midi CCs"_
> This is actually possible as I found in the non-mixer manual:
>
> "1.1.2.3.1.3.1. Control Voltages

   [ .... ]

assuming that you actually agree with the worldview, workflow and
claims made in the text that you quoted. this was discussed either
here or on the JACK mailing list within the last several weeks, and
quite a few people, including myself, did not ... ahem ... see things
the way that nondaw/nonmixer's author does.

the notion of a control rate data flow goes back eons in computer
music time to the very first digital music languages. its not a new
idea. whether its a good idea, and whether the way that non(daw|mixer)
is representing it, are entirely separate questions.

--p