[LAD] automation on Linux (modular approach)

Louigi Verona louigi.verona at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 14:36:49 UTC 2010

fons wrote:

"Sequencers do this, but the possibilities are usually
rather limited."

Hm. Man, I must challenge this statement. "Limited" is of course a very
general and relative term, but in
sequencers I used - FL Studio, Ableton Live and actually even latest LMMS -
you basically can automate
almost any parameter, almost any knob or control you see. I am not sure this
state can be called "rather
limited". It is functional enough for me and most other musicians in the
world.

By automation I do not necessarily mean the software remembering how you
turn knobs - it can be just a
graph. When it does remember your turning, it still stores it as same
graphs, at least in FL Studio.

Louigi.