[LAD] like "qjackctl", but trimmed of all fat

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Wed May 26 19:57:14 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Wednesday 26 May 2010 13:23:31 Aaron Krister Johnson wrote:
> I want to announce my new and fun and useful python script -- I call it
> 'jackctl' -- it basically is a frontend to the jack tools 'jack_lsp' and
> 'jack_connect'. It's like 'qjackctl' , but since it's command line, no 'q'
> !!!
<snip>
> It's very simple. All you need is Python (and who doesn't have that on
> their machine). You put the script in your PATH, or link it/rename it,
> making sure it's exectuable. When you run it, you'll see a list of current
> numbered jack ports, and you can connect them by typing two numbers
> separated by a space. You can disconnect them by typing 'd' then the two
> numbers separated by a space. No hassles, and a nice feature is that it
> will protect you from making ear-blasting feedback connections. It's even
> quicker than qjackctl, b/c it takes more time to point your mouse at the
> ports in the GUI and then click 'connect' than it does to type two
> single-digit numbers and then hit return, yes?

Sounds a bit similar to what I am writing locally.

Only my version is different :-)
I have a control-server and graphical clients. And they communicate via OSC so
they can be on different machines. I should do an early preview-release
sometime soon.

And I am using pyjack, so I don't have to run external apps. Maybe that is
something for your project too? It will save on cpu-cycles...

Have fun,

Arnold