[LAD] [Release] Autotalent LV2 Port

Jeremy jeremybubs at gmail.com
Sun May 30 05:13:14 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I just finished up my port of Autotalent (A real-time pitch manipulation
program by Tom Baran) to an LV2 plugin (Okay, It's not finished, but all the
important features are there.)

It should work basically the same as Autotalent except:

   - It is an LV2 plugin instead of an LADSPA plugin
   - It provides MIDI output of the pitch
   - It accepts MIDI input
   - It separates the pull to semitone and snap to scale functionality
   - It uses FFTW for the DFT routines, greatly improving performance.
   - Minor performance tweaks (substituting memcpy for loops, etc)
   - It is greatly refactored (broken into methods and structures, variables
   renamed)
   - Does not include smooth pitch jumping or LFO functionality in the first
   release (will add later)
   - The formant corrector causes artifacts not present in the original (I'm
   not sure how to fix, as it's the only part of the original I don't
   understand)

I think especially significant is the midi input and output.  This would
allow you to do the following:

   - Record an audio track in your favorite DAW while running it through the
   plugin, and outputting the MIDI to another track
   - Correct the midi however you want (keep it monophonic)
   - Feed the corrected MIDI track back into the plugin with the recorded
   audio, and listen as it corrects the pitch to match the MIDI you gave!

There are also other options, such as controlling an MIDI synth with your
voice, or getting a vocoder-like effect by controlling your voice with a
MIDI keyboard.

You can check out the project page for more information
here<http://code.google.com/p/autotalentlv2/> or
if you want a direct source download, see
here<http://autotalentlv2.googlecode.com/files/autotalent_source.tar.gz>
.

 Any feedback on the source code or plugin would be welcome.

Jeremy Salwen