[LAD] What do you do for a living?

Guido Scholz guido.scholz at bayernline.de
Fri Nov 12 17:02:06 UTC 2010

Am Tue, 09. Nov 2010 um 19:17:24 -0800 schrieb Kris C:

> Hi all,

Hi Kris,

> I understand that a lot of you develop for free software and are
> passionate at what you do.  But how do you pay the bills?  What do
> you do for a living?  Are you a student?  Do you do software
> development just as a hobby, or do you want to make a living doing
> this kind of work?

I can shift the balance a bit to _non_ professional IT background.

Programming is clearly a (bad weather) spare time filler and mostly fun
for me but also a significant part of the bill I pay back for what my
whole family gets without costs from Linux or FOSS or what ever you like
to call it.

> Yeah, I'd like to work for Google, but who doesn't right? :)

I am not sure about that.

Guido

--
http://www.bayernline.de/~gscholz/