[LAD] Paul's Extreme Sound Stretch

Jens M Andreasen jens.andreasen at comhem.se
Fri Oct 1 07:36:53 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-30 at 23:16 +0200, fons at kokkinizita.net wrote:
> ... Now take a window of say half a second. If it includes a
> pulse you get more or less the same spectrum again. If it doesn't, you
> get nothing... even if the frequencies should be there :-)

You are now (heading towards) argueing that the crescendo in the
Beethoven symphony should be heard ahead of time - because we know it is
there?

Another example: Play two sinewaves, 1 Hz apart. Every second they will
cancel out each other completely - even if they undeniably are both
present.

Just because something exist does not mean that it can be observed at
each and every point in time.

--
eins, zwei, drei ... tekno tekno??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEgbW1FxR78