[LAD] interrupt-drive ALSA returning buffers too small

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabrbedd at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 03:47:05 UTC 2010

On Wednesday, September 08, 2010 04:12:43 pm fons at kokkinizita.net wrote:

> > ...or perhaps switch to clalsadrv?  :-)
>
> It's the 'minimal effort' way to use ALSA devices... at least if you
> use C++. It has allowed me to write some apps (Jaaa, Japa, Aeolus,...)
> that can support both Jack and ALSA using the same DSP code. The only

This is pretty much exactly what I'm trying to do, and clalsadrv looks like a good solution.  It looks simple to use, works well with JACK-centric programs, and is very small (which helps if I need to ship it with the package).

Thank you!

The irony is that I was looking at Jaaa for an example... and initially got aggravated because it uses Yet Another Audio API (Yaaa).  :-)

-gabriel