[LAD] interrupt-drive ALSA returning buffers too small

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Thu Sep 9 09:16:21 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 08, 2010 at 10:47:05PM -0500, Gabriel M. Beddingfield wrote:

> > It's the 'minimal effort' way to use ALSA devices... at least if you
> > use C++. It has allowed me to write some apps (Jaaa, Japa, Aeolus,...)
> > that can support both Jack and ALSA using the same DSP code. The only
>
> This is pretty much exactly what I'm trying to do, and clalsadrv looks
> like a good solution.  It looks simple to use, works well with
> JACK-centric programs, and is very small (which helps if I need to ship it with the package).

With the current release (2.0.0) you should use the first constructor
(which has separate arguments for the play/capt/ctrl device names).
The second one is there only for compatibility with version 1.*.*
and may disappear in the future.

The lib will continue to be supported and enhanced as necessary.
The licence will probably change to LGPL.

Ciao,

--
FA

There are three of them, and Alleline.