[LAD] Mouse/knob interaction

Olivier Guilyardi list at samalyse.com
Wed Sep 15 12:27:14 UTC 2010

On 09/14/2010 06:45 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Johannes Kroll <jkroll at lavabit.com> wrote:
>
>> Juce uses its antialiased drawing code to draw the knob. This requires
>> no image resources and enables displaying the rotation precisely, it
>> can be scaled and it's themable (by changing the colours). I think it's
>> a good way to do it.
>
> cairo is a highly portable way to do this, and is what hans and i used
> to render thorwil's knob design.

I too really like Juce, and its knob is indeed a state-of-the-art widget to me.
But I feel like there's something more modern about Thorwil's design, especially
the minimal knobs, not the pseudo-realistic ones. Juce's knob looks a bit as a
clock, or some speed meter, which I don't fancy so much.

For the technical part, that's right, Cairo is just fine.

--
  Olivier