[LAD] RME HDSPe RayDAT sync problems

Natanael Olaiz nolaiz at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 11:07:56 UTC 2010

Hi Florian,

El 09/17/2010 11:53 PM, Florian Faber escribió:
> Natanael,
>

>> Does anyone knows if is possible to make a RME HDSPe RayDAT work
>> properly under Linux?
>>
> It works, but only at a fixed period size of 1024. I would call this
> 'experimental' and not fit for productive use.
>

> [...]
> Forget about the stock driver and use this one:
> http://wiki.linuxproaudio.org/index.php/Driver:hdspe

Tested. Seems to work OK using a buffer size of 1024. Thanks!

BTW, the hdspmixer_64 doesn't compile here. After changing the
inclusions of <alsa/sound/hdspm.h> to <sound/hdspm.h>, the compiler
complains about multiple definitions and declarations on hdspm.h. Should
be the "#endif /*__SOUND_HDSPM_H */" goes to the end of the file?? (or
at least after the enums and structs?)

And another question: do you know if the included expansion boards of
the RayDAT and the 9652 are interchangeable? I.e., can I connect the
expansion board of the RayDAT on the 9652 to use the two adat
connectors(and viceversa) ? The connectors looks equals, but...

Thanks again,

Natanael.