[LAD] RME HDSPe RayDAT sync problems

Florian Faber faber at faberman.de
Fri Sep 17 21:53:54 UTC 2010

Natanael,

> Does anyone knows if is possible to make a RME HDSPe RayDAT work
> properly under Linux?

It works, but only at a fixed period size of 1024. I would call this
'experimental' and not fit for productive use.

> I cannot make it sync correctly with the adat outputs, even if in the
> alsamixer I select "Sample Clock Source": "Internal 48Khz", the slave
> devices got sync as 44.1Khz, and it doesn't sound properly (not only the
> SR).
>
> I only found by google some mails by Fernando, Florian and a few others,
> but any of those helped me to make it work. I also tried changing
> HDSPM_freqReg to 100 MHz (see [1]) but didn't seem to help (anyway, on
> monday I'll do further tests with that).
>

> Any news on that?
>
> Can someone give me some hints to make further tests?

Forget about the stock driver and use this one:
http://wiki.linuxproaudio.org/index.php/Driver:hdspe

Flo
--
Machines can do the work, so people have time to think.
public key DA43FEF4          x-hkp://wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net