[LAD] questions about jack session

James Morris jwm.art.net at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 11:29:14 UTC 2011

Hi,

What is needed for a working jack session environment?

I was hoping to be able to use it with qjackctl-0.3.7 and jack-0.120.1
but this fails to work:

1) When "Save and Quit" is selected and "Save.." has finished, nothing quits.
2) Applications rarely start when a session is loaded and the entries
in the session window have red crosses next to them.

I need a working jack session environment because I'm trying to code
and test Petri-Foo's Jack session support.

So far the set session callback returns without error, but the
callback is never called (when using the setup mentioned above).

I briefly tried pyjacksm but get "inconsistent use of tabs and spaces
in indentation" errors (is that because of python3/python2 conflicts
arising from scripts starting with #!/usr/bin/python ?  I tried adding
a sed to the AUR PKGBUILD but failed to find the correct
search/replace terms.)

Any help appreciated,
Cheers,
James.