[LAD] questions about jack session

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Wed Apr 13 11:42:55 UTC 2011

On 04/13/2011 12:29 PM, James Morris wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is needed for a working jack session environment?
>
> I was hoping to be able to use it with qjackctl-0.3.7 and jack-0.120.1
> but this fails to work:
>
> 1) When "Save and Quit" is selected and "Save.." has finished, nothing quits.
> 2) Applications rarely start when a session is loaded and the entries
> in the session window have red crosses next to them.
>
> I need a working jack session environment because I'm trying to code
> and test Petri-Foo's Jack session support.
>
> So far the set session callback returns without error, but the
> callback is never called (when using the setup mentioned above).
>
> I briefly tried pyjacksm but get "inconsistent use of tabs and spaces
> in indentation" errors (is that because of python3/python2 conflicts
> arising from scripts starting with #!/usr/bin/python ?  I tried adding
> a sed to the AUR PKGBUILD but failed to find the correct
> search/replace terms.)

qjackctl >= 0.3.7 will only get full jack-session support *iif* it was
ever built against libjack-dev-0.120.0 providing the necessary
"jack/session.h" header.

otherwise, it's all just a dumbed-down patchbay alternative. as is, it
only saves and loads for existing client connections--eventually, it may
succeed and those "red crosses" will disapeer, one after another.

please read your qjackctl/about box whether there's a "JACK Session
support disabled" written in red. that should say it all

cheers
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org