[LAD] Finding ALSA sequencer client/port numbers

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Fri Apr 22 22:30:55 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 06:06:54PM -0400, David Robillard wrote:

> Alsa sequencer names aren't unique or intended for use as identifiers,
> you probably don't want to do this if it's at all possible to avoid...

If that's true, what purpose do they have at all ?

In this concrete case, I have Python class which acts as
an interface to the Novation Launchpad. I want its ports
to connect to the launchpad, as any other connection
wouldn't make any sense at all. I know the names of
the required ports, but not the numbers.

Ciao,

--
FA