[LAD] Finding ALSA sequencer client/port numbers

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sat Apr 23 00:02:55 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 07:55:33PM -0400, David Robillard wrote:

> Why do you know the names of the required ports but not the numbers?

The names are lust 'Launchpad', the numbers are not fixed AFAIK.

> P.S. The direct USB interface to the launchpad is pretty simple, I'm
> driving mine without Alsa or MIDI anything at all.

Yes, I know and using the USB interface was the original idea.
But I was surprised to see the thing appear in qjackctl when
plugged in, and decided to use the ALSA interface. But I'll
probably modify the code to use USB directly. As you say,
it's pretty simple.

Ciao,

--
FA