[LAD] [ANN] IR: LV2 Convolution Reverb

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 10:20:41 UTC 2011

On 2/22/11, David Robillard wrote:

> I have a working plugin (called "dirg") that provides a UI by hosting a
> web server which you access in the browser. It provides a grid UI either
> via a Novation Launchpad, or in the browser if you don't have a
> Launchpad. Web UIs definitely have a ton of wins (think tablets, remote
> control (i.e. network transparency), etc.)
>
> I also have a complete LV2 "message" system based on Atoms which is
> compatible with / based on the event extension.  Atoms, and thus
> messages, can be serialised to/from JSON (among other things,
> particularly Turtle).

Any of them available to have a look at?

> Currently dirg provides the web server on its own with no host
> involvement, but every plugin doing this obviously doesn't scale, so
> some day we should figure this out... first we need an appropriately
> high-level/powerful communication protocol within LV2 land (hence the
> messages stuff).

Where do you stand with priorities now? That sounds like something
very much worth investing time in.

You see, one thing I'm puzzled about is that you have beginnings of
what could be significant part of a potentially successful cloud
computing audio app, and then you talk about how donations don't even
pay your rent :)

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org