[LAD] [ANN] IR: LV2 Convolution Reverb

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Feb 24 00:11:36 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 5:58 PM, Gordon JC Pearce <gordonjcp at gjcp.net> wrote:

> There is no way in hell I'm going near the utterly fundamentally
> retarded mess of shit and fail that is Ardour 3.

gordon, we love you too. honest.

> It's a DAW.  It shouldn't have *any* MIDI beyond control automation and
> some idea of sync.  Leave that to a sequencer.

its wierd how the overwhelming majority of folks out there in the
world don't seem to feel that this distinction is relevant to their
working style, and even more, whenever anybody does bring out a cool
new sequencer (e.g. nodal, or some of the hex- or octagonal sequencers
that have appeared recently) everyone starts wondering about how it
can be integrated into <theirDAW>.

> Linux audio is nowhere.  There isn't a usable sample editor, there are a
> couple of brave attempts at sequencers that lack pretty fundamental
> features, and we have one DAW that seems to be going down the "do
> everything, even if badly" route.

we haven't done OSC sequencing yet, so we still have plenty of room to
screw things up even more. oh, i forgot, *video*. yep, once we're done
with that, the stink will be so bad you'll have to wear a class 5
volatile vapor breathing apparatus to even sit down in front of your
computer. yeah, we are going to fuck with your mind you'll wish you
could just get back to DOS. which we'll run in a virtualbox instance
reparented inside an ardour window, just so that dave phillips can run
sequencer gold without any hassles. the future's so bright i've got to
wear a straightjacket! frizz me down with that kielbasse, officer!

> It's 2011.  I've been at this for a decade.  It's just as bad as it was
> when I started trying to use PCs for music.  I give up.

/me slaps on the peter gabriel and .... <hugs> .....

really, gordon, its OK. its going to be OK.