[LAD] [ANN] IR: LV2 Convolution Reverb

Renato rennabh at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 21:46:43 UTC 2011

On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 10:52:05 -0500
Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 10:40 AM, Fons Adriaensen
> <fons at linuxaudio.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 12:39:04PM -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> >
> >> the position that i take with N-point editing is not that there is
> >> some other way to do "the following". There isn't. its that the
> >> way of approaching the task that leads to needing to do "the
> >> following" is rooted in an older way of thinking about the overall
> >> workflow.
> >
> > Tell that to your customer when he (or she in this case) wants you
> > to replace part of an edited track with the same fragment from
> > another take.
>
> i'm confused about who the customer is. the older way of thinking
> about the overall workflow is an attribute of the engineer/editor, not
> the singer.
> if the engineer/editor is the customer, i'd tell them to use another
> program right now because ardour doesn't support their workflow. i try
> not to spend much time convincing people to work in a different way
> than they are used to, it seems pretty pointless to me since i don't
> really believe that one way is superior to the others (though some are
> definitely more connected to ideas rooted in some kind physical
> operation like tape splicing).
>
> hint: there's no reason to replace the section from [2:03 to 2:27]
> with another take at all.

hi,
I'm noob with ardour but I'd like to understand, how would one solve a
problem such as the one posed by Fons?

If I understand correctly you're saying that if you use a different
workflow while setting up the project / recording you wan't fall in
this problem, so could you explain what is this different workflow?

cheers
renato