[LAD] [ANN] IR: LV2 Convolution Reverb

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 00:05:48 UTC 2011

Fons

Being someone that tracks recordings live constantly, I am curious, if the
singer only wanted to overdub one section of their vocals with another, and
you are not touching the remainder of the recorded tracks, exactly what
stops you from doing a standard punch in/out in your example?

Even if you are referring to replacing a mixdown take, I am not certain 4
point editing is to much of a benefit there persay to be honest, as I have
done this without it quite well in the past as I often have to edit down
recordings for dance choreographers for modified music in a way you can't
tell it is edited obviously.

I have never used 4 point editing, and have done mixing of all varieties,
musical and non, from many different genres including some classical.  There
are points where I can easily see 4 point editing being useful as has been
explained to me in the past by people that do use it, but this is not one of
them if I am understanding your question correctly. (Of course I can't think
of a good example at the moment where I was thinking it would be useful, but
I remember being told some in the past and thinking it would be).

       Seablade