[LAD] [ANN] IR: LV2 Convolution Reverb

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Sun Feb 27 09:38:49 UTC 2011

On 02/27/2011 01:05 AM, Thomas Vecchione wrote:
> Fons
>
> Being someone that tracks recordings live constantly, I am curious, if
> the singer only wanted to overdub one section of their vocals with
> another, and you are not touching the remainder of the recorded tracks,
> exactly what stops you from doing a standard punch in/out in your example?

in classical recording sessions, overdubs happen rarely if ever.
i guess the situation here is that multiple full or partial takes were
recorded with the full ensemble, and the editing happens afterwards,
when all musicians are gone.
iiuc, the soloist requested one section to be replaced with another
take. since there is no "click", this usually means that the part after
the new spliced-in section will move in time, slightly.
which is a bit of a problem in ardour while you haven't consolidated
region fragments (which often you don't want to do until the very end),
because you have to be very careful to move all subsequent regions.
easy in the vertical thanks to edit groups, but quite hard in the
horizontal. or maybe i'm overlooking yet another feature?

best,

jörn