[LAD] [LAU] OpenOctaveMidi2 (OOM2) beta release

Jostein Chr. Andersen jostein at vait.se
Fri Jan 28 12:50:22 UTC 2011

On Thursday 27 January 2011 21.48.01 Christopher Cherrett wrote:
> I could not care less if we slapped your name all over the new code we
> write. I do not have any of the same concerns you have.
>
> Want the code? I will sign over every line of code I wrote to you. I
> care nothing for the code, only what it can do.
>
> You would not fit into our camp well. We move too fast for most people.

You - the OOM - are moving too fast for you own moral compass (if you have
any), if you are only partially that good, then you should have started a
project from scratch.

Your unwillingness to give other people fair creds for their hard work is
amazing, and you've been in this business and environment long enough to
understand that creds is something that one gives. It's unbelievable that you
use so much time here to shit on the Ardour, Rosegarden and MuSE people in
stead of just saying "sorry our mistake, we have worked so much so we did not
think about it, but we will fix it".

You can at least just stop to try to move the focus from what the thing is
about: -To do some crediting.

Now, you just use energy to tell the world how bad the Ardour, Rosegarden and
MuSE people and projects are. They all wish you good luck, they are not your
enemies.

I wish you god luck with OOM and that you can take a deep breath, calm down
and play nice with the Open Source community again.

Jostein