[LAD] Feature requests: add JackSession support

m.wolkstein at gmx.de m.wolkstein at gmx.de
Sun Jul 3 00:19:15 UTC 2011

Am Sat, 02 Jul 2011 23:02:27 +0200
schrieb rosea grammostola <rosea.grammostola at gmail.com>:

> On 07/02/2011 10:40 PM, m.wolkstein at gmx.de wrote:
> > Am Thu, 30 Jun 2011 11:03:05 +0200
> > schrieb rosea grammostola<rosea.grammostola at gmail.com>:
> >
> > huhu,
> > i currently finished a simple hydrogen implementation.
> > callback with:
> > save session(save the current song file)
> > save and exit(save and quit hydrogen)
> >
> > so far so good.
> Thanks a lot! I am surprised how fast devs are picking this up. Phasex,
> Hydrogen, Rakarrack ... great work already :)
>
> Next thing what would be good to have imo is a good software mixer with
> JackSession support. Unfortunately non-mixer is not a good candidate
> afaik, cause it changes port names. I don't know if Fons is still busy
> with his mixer and if he has explored and made up his mind about the
> actual implementation of the JackSession API already. Otherwise Jack
> Audio Mixer might be a good candidate maybe: http://home.gna.org/jackmixer/
yes the mixer is the heart of all. and jackmixer is one of the best i ever use
beside the buildin ardour mixer. cant wait for jack session support on it.

a global jack session support sound's like a dream. jack session support is IMO the KEY
or the next step to make music under linux much more attractive, productive and at least
more creative. one of the main problems is the long time you need to start your lovely
linux audio-system, make connections and try to remember how you can restore the set from
your last cool session and so on. at least i often give up to create music, because the
idea is gone after all this more or less unlikely administrative work.
beside this, sometimes if everything worked as expected and you currently make really
cool music, you become mournful while you are playing. why? because you now it is mostly
not possible to reconstruct the current session to continue this creative process and his
product(nice music). the super-GAU is when you make dozens of connections and your mixer
stop working, and you directly return to your starting point.
ok, this is all off-topic and for sure discussed hundreds of times. but i am often
frustrated to use linux-audio applications because the eat my time without a creative
output. since ~10 years, i only don't give up try working creative with linux-audio
applications, because my big pighead and my unbreakable hope.

g wolke