[LAD] Feature requests: add JackSession support

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sun Jul 3 11:43:22 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jul 03, 2011 at 11:53:29AM +0200, rosea grammostola wrote:

>> Fons has been quite busy moving home the last weeks (not far,
>> south of Parma to north of Parma, but it's the same exercise
>> independent of distance anyway).
> Good luck with that.

Thanks ! I'm at my new place, basic life support is installed,
and I'm unpacking things as I need them. And using a hijacked
wireless acces point since it will be a week or two before I
have ADSL...

> One feature request already then. Could you please port the plugins of
> Mr Adriaensen? They are pretty good normally. ;)

In the LADSPAs there's not much that could be part of a mixer.
If you mean the zita-*** apps, these have been written to be
used as test cases for the plugin API. Only a few have been
released (at1 and rev1), but there are many more and all will
be included. But not all may be GPL licensed.

> Alas.. to make a Session Manager a success you might
> need some compromises and collaboration.

If 'compromises' means starting from ad-hoc solutions
chosen 'to make things as easy as possible for devs'
instead of doing a serious analysis, and consequently
adding required functionality results in a mess, then
I prefer not to make compromises. There are lots of
examples of this. JSM is one of them, it's a mess
even in its initial form.

Ciao,

--
FA