[LAD] Feature requests: add JackSession support

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun Jul 3 13:01:50 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 8:51 AM, Robin Gareus <robin at linuxaudio.org> wrote:

> Every program (on un*x) can be "quit w/o save" without requiring changes
> to the program: just send it a `kill -9` :-))

    if (request.type == QuitWithoutSave) {
	    kill (getpid(), SIGKILL);
    }

oops, you didn't reply to the session manager, which wants to know how
to restart you.

ok, so we leave it to the SM to kill you ... but using SIGKILL for
this is about as bad as LADISH using SIGUSR1 for its own purposes.
which is to say - it works, but its Not Unix :)

> Alas, jackd may or may not bark (xrun) if a program is killed without
> properly closing its jack connection; but that's acceptable in that case
> (closing the session anyway).

I think that the SM should tell JACK to stop calling process(), somehow.