[LAD] [ANN] jack-file 1.0

Dan Muresan danmbox at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 10:24:13 UTC 2011

Hi, and thanks for checking out my project.

> 1) make fails when it can't find help2man. it then complains (twice)
> file2jack isn't found either (an ls after the fact shows it is):

Well, help2man is listed as a build dependency, and I don't think it's
proper style to verify dependencies in the makefile. In ./configure,
yes -- but I'm not using one.

> 2) floating point exception when command issued without options:

That, indeed, is not nice. It happened because I left the arg parsing
routine open till the last moment. Fixed in git.

To tell the whole story, I was hoping eventually to make both
file2jack and jacktransportloop infrastructure-apps that could be
controlled via stdin. So file2jack could start with nothing, and
accept commands to add/remove files to the transport timeline.

Plus there would be a tkJackTransport app that actually scrolls the
timeline (unlike gjacktransport, which is unhelpful when the transport
overshoots the display limit) and has a loop checkbox and two time
entries. I couldn't fit this in the first release. If anybody wants to
help...

But otherwise -- did it work for you when you passed proper args?

-- Dan