[LAD] add GSEAL to jack-rack

James Morris jwm.art.net at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 10:37:39 UTC 2011

Hi I've made a patch for jack-rack so it can be built with -DGSEAL in
the CFLAGS:

GSEAL explained here: http://live.gnome.org/GnomeGoals/UseGseal

i made the changes to a clone of the jack-rack git source.... which
fails to build....

ok, there's one area in main.c i had to cheat to get it to build, and
that's the gnome_program_init line, specifically the LIBGNOMEUI_MODULE
#define... Which is #defined in <libgnomeui/libgnomeui.h>.... Which
includes/uses deprecated GTK symbols, namely GtkCallbackMarshal, which
is due to the CFLAGS (GTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED etc) used, is an unknown
type. I don't know how to fix that error as I don't know gnome. If you
look at the patch you'll notice I've removed the libgnomeui includes
from other c files as they weren't used.  The error here is in
libgnomeui using gtk deprecated types.

but --disable-gnome fixes that kind of problem (git).

if the list refuses the attachment:
http://jwm-art.net/code/jack-rack-gtk_deprecated_fix.patch

cheers,
james.