[LAD] Hello World in LV2

Olivier Guilyardi list at samalyse.com
Tue Jul 5 19:12:40 UTC 2011

Hi,

Looking around the LV2 Trac at http://lv2plug.in/trac/, I don't see any simple
introduction on how to create a minimal plugin. Is there any plan for this?

I think that a gain plugin tutorial could be a way to show how to say Hello
World in LV2. Something very short, which include proper links to reference
documentation. Not a long story as "LV2 programming for the complete idiot"
which IIUC also happens to be obsolete.

In addition to helping the newbie find his way, one advantage of a short and
simple tutorial is that it should be easy to maintain when LV2 evolves.

And as an alternative or companion to the tutorial, the source code for a
minimal (official) example would be great. I mean, the kind of example that you
find in JACK source code. Does a such thing already exist?

--
  Olivier