[LAD] [LAU] cancelling I/O with libsndfile

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Tue Jul 5 11:29:40 UTC 2011

Dan Muresan wrote:

> > Regardless of whether you choose to measure latency or CPU load
> > if you vary the st_blksize as specified in the previous email,
> > you will not be able distinguish between the two values of
> > st_blksize due to the influence of other factors.
>
> What are you talking about? How can one vary st_blksize or choose a
> preferred value for it?

Its late, I'm tied and I'm frustrated at your ability to miss the
point every time. Let me fix my last statement:

   Regardless of whether you choose to measure latency or CPU load
   if you test two read sizes (st_blksize and st_blksize - 4) you
   will not be able distinguish between the two read sizes due to
   the influence of other factors.

Erik