[LAD] [LAU] cancelling I/O with libsndfile

Dan Muresan danmbox at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 13:38:23 UTC 2011

> point every time. Let me fix my last statement:
>   Regardless of whether you choose to measure latency or CPU load
>   if you test two read sizes (st_blksize and st_blksize - 4) you
>   will not be able distinguish between the two read sizes due to
>   the influence of other factors.

I don't think I have missed any of your points. We disagree as to what
is worth spending one's time / code lines on, but if anything, you
have missed my points about kernel operation / cpu load / latency.

Which is fine by me -- I am happy with the way sndfile works today.
The fact that you have a VIO layer solves (or at least obviates) most
of the problems that I have pointed out.

Note that merely rewriting a statement to make it more vague does not
prove initial intention or ulterior insight. So no need to "fix" your
statements like that...

-- Dan