[LAD] rakarrack & jack session & jack1 & jack2

rosea grammostola rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 12:06:47 UTC 2011

On 07/03/2011 01:35 PM, Josep Andreu wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have recently added jack session support to rakarrack ...   I was check with jack1 ...and  session is restored perfectly even if I use a lot of rakarrack instances with others apps .... but ... I have problems with jack2 ... if I use more than one instance of rakarrack ... sometimes works ... but most times some instances of rakarrack are unable to open jack client ...  believe me I changed everything to try to fix but I really don't know why that happens .... you know me I'm not a programmer ..  :-(
>
> If someone can tell me something about how to fix that I will really appreciate :-)
>
> I use debian with the lastest svn jackmp installed in /usr/local .. also I have the jack1 debian package installed in /usr ..  I dont know if that can be a problem ...  anyway the jack2 server runs perfect ... in fact normally I use jack2 because runs better on my computer ... and of course I can open manually all the rakarrack instances I want ....
Hi,

One thing I noticed when launching two instances of Rakarrack, the
second one makes connections to JACK automatically (I think I turned
this off when lauching Rakarrack the first time). As Torben pointed out:

"a jack session client is not supposed to do any connections itself.
if a flag to disable it already exist, just include this flag in the
jack-session reply."

I got into problems when launching two instances of Rakarrack with JACK2
(with disable autoconnect patch by Nedko for Ladish). Jack freezes etc.
With Jack1 I don't have the freeze problems.

There was also a Yoshimi - Jack-Rack session which didn't load with
JACK2. I tried to make a new session, but it didn't load. Making a new
version with Jack1, yoshimi and jack-rack, did load ok, so I switched to
Jack1.

Regards,
\r