[LAD] rakarrack & jack session & jack1 & jack2

Renato rennabh at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 13:13:12 UTC 2011

On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 14:06:47 +0200
rosea grammostola <rosea.grammostola at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 07/03/2011 01:35 PM, Josep Andreu wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I have recently added jack session support to rakarrack ...   I was
> > check with jack1 ...and  session is restored perfectly even if I
> > use a lot of rakarrack instances with others apps .... but ... I
> > have problems with jack2 ... if I use more than one instance of
> > rakarrack ... sometimes works ... but most times some instances of
> > rakarrack are unable to open jack client ...  believe me I changed
> > everything to try to fix but I really don't know why that
> > happens .... you know me I'm not a programmer ..  :-(
> >
> > If someone can tell me something about how to fix that I will
> > really appreciate :-)
> >
> > I use debian with the lastest svn jackmp installed in /usr/local ..
> > also I have the jack1 debian package installed in /usr ..  I dont
> > know if that can be a problem ...  anyway the jack2 server runs
> > perfect ... in fact normally I use jack2 because runs better on my
> > computer ... and of course I can open manually all the rakarrack
> > instances I want ....
> Hi,
>
> One thing I noticed when launching two instances of Rakarrack, the
> second one makes connections to JACK automatically (I think I turned
> this off when lauching Rakarrack the first time).

Hi, I think this depends on the fact that only the first instance of
rakarrack uses your personal configuration file... ever noticed how if
you change theme colors and you launch multiple instances only the first
will have the new colors?

And in the default configuration file there's the Autoconnect feature
turned on (under the Jack tab in Preferences IIRC).

Just noticed this today too... would it be possible that all instances
use the same configuration file?

Also as rosea points out, maybe a better default for the Autoconnect
would be off

cheers
renato