[LAD] [Jack-Devel] rakarrack & jack session & jack1 & jack2

Josep Andreu holborn at telefonica.net
Thu Jul 7 11:09:27 UTC 2011

Hi

On Wed, 6 Jul 2011 14:11:57 +0200
Stéphane Letz <letz at grame.fr> wrote:

> It would be interested to know is this is a "jack session" in JACK2 specific issue. Can you possibly debug the "freeze" and see in what part of the code it happens?

Well .... lol I switch to jack1 too :-)  but I can explain more or less what happens:

jackd doesent freeze ...  I will explain what rakarrack does to open the jack client, I send for all the instances the name "rakarrack" then I get the jackd client name ....  when jack session restore fails the jackd message is: "Can not create the /var/run/shm/rakarrack-blablabla because file exist"  ( or something like that .. )

Also when I kill all the pids this /var/shm/jack/rakarrack-blabla still locked .. or dont know exactly .. but I need to rm /var/run/jack/* to start again rakarrack even manually.

I was change that and I was send for each instance different names when I open then jackd client..  exactly the same client names that jackd returns ... (rakarrack,  rakarrack-01 ... ) but the problem still  :-(   thinking now, sure I was select  bad names :-(

I noticed that jack1 files on /var/run/shm ...  are completly different ...

Josep

--
Josep Andreu <holborn at telefonica.net>