[LAD] Feature requests: add JackSession support

m.wolkstein at gmx.de m.wolkstein at gmx.de
Sun Jul 10 17:52:54 UTC 2011

Am Sun, 10 Jul 2011 17:08:32 +0200
schrieb rosea grammostola <rosea.grammostola at gmail.com>:

> On 07/03/2011 12:27 AM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 02, 2011 at 11:02:27PM +0200, rosea grammostola wrote:
> >
> >> Next thing what would be good to have imo is a good software mixer with
> >> JackSession support. Unfortunately non-mixer is not a good candidate
> >> afaik, cause it changes port names. I don't know if Fons is still busy
> >> with his mixer and if he has explored and made up his mind about the
> >> actual implementation of the JackSession API already.
> > As to Jack Session support, I won't even consider it as long
> > as it doesn't support quit-without-save. The rationale for not
> > supporting this is IMNSHO completely bogus. I just can't imagine
> > any app that a) can't do this, and b) can't be modified easily
> > to do it. 'Easily' here means requiring a fraction of the effort
> > to support Jack Session at all. I've got some other gripes with
> > Jack Session as well, but these have been discussed (or at least
> > presented) before.
> After spending a week using JackSession, I don't think a
> quit-without-save option should be a 'showstopper' here Fons. Especially
> because JackSession makes working with JACK so much easier. Better to
> have JackSession without a quit-without-save option, then no JackSession
> at all.
agree. i use jack-session since two weeks. and now i know for sure,
that i never again will miss it!!!
whatever, i think it makes more sense to support jack-session with a positive
feedback, as endless more or less destructive discussions about some details
to challenge the whole thing.
IMO, if more jack applications will implement it, and more users will work with it,
features requests or improvement requests will make clear in which direction
the session management will run. and than, maybe there a answer which save
or even not save function makes sense or not.

greetings
wolke