[LAD] a *simple* ring buffer, comments pls?

Tim Blechmann tim at klingt.org
Tue Jul 12 09:15:39 UTC 2011

>> using preempt_rt, the scheduling latency can be very low (like 10
>> microseconds), if cpu frequency scaling is applied or smt/hyperthreading is
>> enabled it can be as high as 250 microseconds (which is already quite
>> significant, if one is using small signal vector sizes).
>
> That's interesting. We're actually benchmarking scheduling latency at the
> moment.

btw, i have discussed this briefly in my master thesis, section 4.1 [1]. the
effect of the scheduling latency can also be observed in the benchmarks given in
section 5.

and it would be great, if you can share your results, i'd be curious to see
them!

cheers, tim

[1] http://tim.klingt.org/publications/tim_blechmann_supernova.pdf